Happy Sunday everyone!
I am so flattered to have been nominated for the Beauty Blogger Award tag by the lovely Vanessa! She just entered the blogging sphere and she’s already taken it by storm with her gorgeous makeup looks and OOTD’s! If you haven’t checked out her site yet, you’re missing out (seriously, go have a look)!
I’ve had this blog for a little over a year now and I’m amazed at how every day I meet and befriend more and more people with similar interests of mine. I know these award tags are just for fun, but I love getting to engage with and learn more about more bloggers as the online blogging world keeps growing! It’s truly a great experience, so I want to say a big thank you to everyone who reads and follows along to my posts, it means a lot. <3
- Tag the blogger that nominated you
- Answer the questions you were given
- Nominate 10 bloggers whose blog is about beauty/lifestyle/fashion
- Name 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Inform the bloggers you chose that you nominated them!
My questions from Vanessa Victoria:
1 What is your favorite Makeup Brand?
This is a tough one! But if I had to choose just one I would have to go with Too Faced. Some companies are better for face products, some for eyes, but I think Too Faced does an amazing job on everything. I know if I pick up anything from them I can pretty much trust that it’ll be an outstanding product.
2. What is your favorite skincare product?
The Origins Charcoal Mask is one of my all time favorites. I think it works wonders for my skin and I’ve bought 3 now and keep getting more each time I run out.
3. If stuck on an island and could only bring 3 beauty products, what would they be?
I would bring mascara, my Urban Decay Naked concealer, and my Clinique Long Last Soft Matte lipstick in the shade Crimson (it’s the perfect red).
4. What is your favorite makeup store or website?
That would probably be a tie between Sephora and Ulta. Sephora has more high-end brands if that’s what I’m shopping for, but Ulta has better deals and offers an array of drugstore makeup as well making it a great one-stop shop for makeup.
5. Who is you favorite beauty blogger?
I love Zoe Sugg or Zoella. She has such a bubbly personality that shines through on her blogs and her YouTube videos.
6. One product you would recommend to anyone, your holy grail?
I’m obsessed with the Josie Maran Argan Oil mascara. I love mascara in general, just because I think it totally transforms your eyes and makeup, but this one in particular works wonders plus it’s gentle on the lashes.
7. What tips would you give to new beauty bloggers?
Don’t pay attention to numbers! It can be really hard starting out to not compare your blogging success with others and over-think why someone has more followers than you, or try to change your style to be like theirs. But ultimately, if you love what you’re doing and you just be yourself then that’s all that matters! And eventually more people will find your blog and appreciate its authenticity of you.
8. Any favorite books you’d recommend?
I can’t say I have any favorite books, just because I don’t actually like re-reading stories (I know, it’s weird!). But I did just finish the Divergent series and if you enjoyed the movies, I would highly recommend watching the books. Especially before the last movie comes out.
9. What is your favorite foundation?
Right now I really love the Too Faced Born This Way foundation. I have yet to find another foundation that matches my skin as well as this one does. It goes on incredibly smoothly, it’s just great!
10. What do you like most about beauty blogging?
It sounds cliché but I love the people! Not all my friends are into the whole blogging scene, or even makeup in general, so to have a place where I can meet people who have the same passion as me is really cool!
I have chosen the following nominees for the Beauty Blogger Award:
My questions for the nominees:
- If you could only choose one, would you do your face makeup (foundation, blush, etc.) or your eye makeup?
- What’s your favorite lipstick?
- What made you start blogging?
- Do you prefer a natural look or more dressed up makeup?
- What is your go-to hairstyle?
- How often do you wear makeup?
- One piece of beauty advice you would pass onto others?
- What’s your favorite skin care brand?
- Your go-to product for a bad skin day?
- What’s the most played song on your iPod?
I hope everyone enjoyed reading these questions as much as I had answering them! And if you’re snowed in today, I hope you stay safe and warm! My thoughts are with you as I lounge at my pool today ;).