Merry Christmas everyone!
I know that Christmas is technically over but I didn’t want to let the holiday spirit disappear so quickly just because the date changed. I feel that that’s always the one downside to Christmas; there is a month of build up and anticipation and it all just seems to end abruptly once the day of Christmas passes.
So in an effort to keep the holiday festivities alive just a tiny bit longer, I wanted to do something a little different and fun today and answer questions from the Christmas tag!
- Favorite Christmas movie? It’s a tie between Elf and How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the live action version with Jim Carrey). I basically watch both those movies on repeat throughout December because they’re hilarious but still have a sweet Christmas message :).
- Favorite Christmas song? Again, I have to pick two (I’m bad with favorites!). First one would be Little Drummer Boy, specifically the version by Pentatonix. I absolutely love how they did the song and it almost makes me tear up every time I listen. My second favorite would be Carol of the Bells by Trans Siberian Orchestra. I had the extreme pleasure of seeing them in concert and it was absolutely incredible. And every time I hear that song now I can picture the concert in my head and how epic it was.
- Is your tree real or fake? Unfortunately we have a fake tree. I have always wanted a real one but I’m a little bit afraid that I won’t be able to keep it looking fresh and lively so we stick to the fake ones for now.
- Red or green? I am all about red during Christmas time.
- Do you stay in your PJ’s or dress up for Christmas? We usually have a pretty relaxing day at home on Christmas so I am definitely a stay in your PJ’s kind of gal. When we get dressed up it’s usually to go to service on Christmas Eve.
- Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas day? We have a tradition to open one present on Christmas Eve and the rest Christmas morning. There’s not a specific present we have to open either, we all just get to choose whichever one we want. It’s a fun little pre-Christmas sneak peek.
- Favorite Christmas meal or treat? I love the peanut butter cookies with Hershey’s kisses in the middle. I think they’re officially called peanut butter blossoms but we usually just call them peanut butter kiss cookies haha. I could eat a hundred of those in a day, they’re so good.
- Favorite Christmas drink? I prefer good old-fashioned hot chocolate. It’s just so warm and cozy and you can dock it up so many different ways to make each cup unique. Plus I collect mugs so I love getting to use all my different ones this time of year.
- Have you ever built a gingerbread house? Yes! I have built a few actually and they got progressively worse I think haha. My brother and I built one with my grandma when we were really little and that one turned out very well, but I think it was mostly due to her helping. In recent years when I’ve tried I could never quite get the icing to be sticky enough so the whole thing usually comes crashing down and it’s a big failure. But maybe I’ll try again someday!
- Stay indoors or play in the snow? I really dislike cold weather actually so I much prefer to enjoy the beauty of the snow from my warm bed. The only exception is I love ice skating so I will go outside to do that, but otherwise I prefer to stay wrapped up indoors in a warm blanket with my hot chocolate and a Christmas movie playing.
- Best present you’ve ever received? I know I will probably forget about a few great ones but this year I actually got two very special gifts. The first one my mom got me, and it’s a Pandora bracelet with charms from all the countries I’ve been to. I thought that was incredibly thoughtful and I love the idea of getting to add to it the more I travel. The second gift was given to me by my boyfriend, and he made a makeup box with my name inscribed on the front, and it has two doors that open outward and on the inside are three different drawers. Each drawer is exactly big enough to hold an Urban Decay Naked Palette, and he gifted me all three of those with the box as well. It was like something straight off of Pinterest and he came up with the idea all on his own. I am one lucky girl :).
- Best Christmas memory? My favorite Christmas memory was when our family took our first real vacation (aka not to see family) and we went to Florida for the holidays. And on Christmas day we went to Discovery Cove, an all-inclusive resort park, and got to spend our morning swimming with the dolphins. It was absolutely incredible and definitely something I’ll remember forever.
Well that’s a little about me and how I spend Christmas! I would love for you all to answer some of these questions on your own blogs, or in the comments below. I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!