This past week on a recent trip to Target I found myself browsing the isles until I stumbled not-so-accidentally into the beauty section, where I discovered tons of great sales on a wide variety of makeup products. So naturally I justified a huge shopping spree under the notion of “but it’s on sale!” and picked up a lot of new items to try out. So here’s a closer look at everything I grabbed!
1. For the face I picked up several different compacts. The first two were by Elf: one was a blush/bronzer duo and the second was a translucent matte powder. The third was a small blush from Covergirl in the shade 148 Natural Rose. I’ve already been using the translucent powder and think it’s been doing a wonderful job of preventing my naturally-oily skin from making my face too shiny throughout the day so I would already recommend picking that one up!
2. Next I grabbed a Covergirl concealer in the shade “Light” to cover my dark under-eye circles. If using it on the rest of my face I would probably have gotten the next shade up but as I wanted the coverage under my eyes to be a little lighter than my natural skin tone in order to brighten the area I opted for this one instead.
3. For my eyes I decided to give the eye shadow crayons a try and got two from the Covergirl Flamed Out collection in numbers 355 (a shimmery plum shade) and 340 (a soft pink color). I also picked up one from Rimmel in number 002 Bulletproof Beige. I’m really excited to try these because I’ve heard they’re great for mornings in a rush because you can easily swipe on some color and go!
4. I also picked up Elf gel eyeshadow in the color “Toast”. I’m hoping that the gel shadow will prove to be as long-lasting as it claims so I’m eager to give it a try!
5. The last thing I picked up for eye makeup was a Rimmel Exaggerate waterproof eyeliner in 212 Rich Brown. I was attracted to this one specifically because it was retractable which is almost always a must-have for me when choosing a liner.
6. With my new obsession with all things lipstick I of course had to pick up several of these as well :). In order from left to right, the brands go Revlon, Revlon, Covergirl, Elf, Rimmel, and NYX (and all the specific colors are in that order as well in the picture above). I especially love the color of the Revlon 850 Plum Velour. It’s such a beautiful deep purple I can’t wait to have the chance to wear it!
7. The final makeup products I got were three new brushes from Elf. I picked up two eye shadow brushes, one of which was a blending brush. Then I also grabbed a blush brush because, why not, when they’re only $1 a piece!
8. My final purchases weren’t makeup related but more general beauty items: three new nail polishes! Although I usually prefer to have my nails done, as I’m not the greatest at doing them myself, it eliminates the struggle of sorting through a hundred colors in 10 seconds in a salon if you just bring in your own color from home. So that’s what I usually like to do 🙂 And these shades were just so gorgeous I couldn’t pass them up!
So there’s everything I bought on my recent shopping adventure! If you’ve tried any of these products or have any other drugstore makeup faves I would love to hear about them! Because while the expensive stuff is certainly appealing, it’s always nice to give your bank account a break every once in a while and opt for less pricy items. So please tell me if you know about any must-have products I can pick up without breaking the bank!