So I am very excited to say that I have been nominated for my first blogging “award”: The Liebster Award! Now I realize this is more of a tag than it is any sort of award, but I still feel so happy that I was chosen and get to participate! So thank you to Angel at http://www.speakoftheangel.com for nominating me!
The rules of the Liebster Award are :
- Link back to the person that nominated you
- Answer the questions given by the nominator
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Create 11 questions for the nominees
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs
Here are the questions that she created for me to answer!
- Why and when did you start blogging
I started blogging in October of last year because it was something that I had been thinking about doing for a while and finally decided to put it into motion! I had been following lots of other bloggers whose posts I found to be pretty inspiring and I wanted to be able to reach people and help them as well, whether it be with beauty, fashion, or just life in general.
- If there was a fire, what would be the one thing you’d save from your house (all your loved ones and pets are safe !)
If everyone was safe I would grab the stuffed animal that my dad gave me back when I was in 1st grade, named Angel. She’s a golden retriever puppy, because at the time I was begging my parents for a real puppy and they thought she would be a nice consolation prize instead haha. It is still currently my favorite gift that I have ever gotten :).
- What city do you live in currently?
The beautifully unique Los Angeles!
- What city would you like to live in? (Anywhere in the world!)
There are so many cities I think would be fun to live in, I’m not sure I could choose just one! Realistically, I would just like to continue to live somewhere in California, perhaps Malibu? But if I’m dreaming big then I’d be happy in almost any city in Europe or Australia.
- Are you a “go out and partay!” kind of girl, or a “stay home and netflix” kind of girl?
I am definitely the stay home and Netflix kind of girl. Now I love going out, but just not to parties. I’d rather explore the city, go to the beach, try new restaurants, etc.
- What is your favourite feature about your self?
I actually really like my long legs, they’ve always been my favorite feature.
- What is your favourite feature when looking for a lover?
I definitely think that a good sense of humor is the first thing that captures my attention when I’m looking for a guy. I love when someone can make me laugh :).
- What do you find more attractive in a guy, his arms, his shoulders, his back, or his abs?
I am a huge fan of arms, no doubt! I love big bear hugs and being held all tight and snuggly :).
- What’s your favourite way to de-stress?
I love just being outside to de-stress, from walking through the park to hanging out on the beach. It just relaxes me to be in nature and have the sun warming my back.
- What (or who) inspires/motivates you?
When I want to feel motivated I usually try to listen to my favorite Disney songs, as my dream life would be that of a princess, and they always seem to be full of motivation to cook and clean and do all the things I sometimes don’t feel like doing. But I also try to live by the motto “Do something today that your future self will thank you for” so whenever I’m feeling lazy or want to procrastinate I remind myself that my future self would much rather me do it now than wait and that usually helps motivate me to get going!
- Tell us the story of your first kiss!!
So this story is actually a pretty interesting one! When I was in middle school, my best friend Abby and I were at the amusement park together hanging out with these two cute guys who were also good friends. We had been flirting all night and having a lot of fun and when we and I went to leave, my guy gave me a long hug then turned and kissed me! Then Abby ran up to me and said “First kiss?!” and when I nodded yes she goes, “Me too!”, as it turned out her guy did the same! So even though nothing ever came of it with those two, it’s still pretty great that I can say my best friend and I had our first kiss at the same time (which is pretty stinkin’ cool!).
So I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little bit more about me! Now I nominate:
Courter for your thoughts
Honey and betts
Polish and Paws
Baby T’s Fashion Diaries
City light dreamer
Belle Belle Beauty
Pretty Girl Science
The Beauty of Life
And here are the questions I’ve thought of for you all to answer!
- Who is your favorite blogger?
- What is the best meal you know how to cook?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- What is your favorite piece of clothing in your closet?
- If you leave the house in a rush, what’s the one makeup item you’d still take time to apply?
- Where would you love to travel to?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- Most played song on your ipod?
- If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive who would it be?
- If you were a Miss USA contestant, what charity/cause would you represent?
- If you could have any superpower what would it be and why?
So I really hope you all accept the challenge and keep the tag going, I think it’s a great way to get to know new bloggers and have a little fun in the meantime! I look forward to seeing all of your answers!