If you’re looking for a midweek pick-me-up or some irrefutably hilarious puns to brighten up your day, then you’ve come to the right place! However I can’t take all the credit for the content in this post, as it is based on the life and jokes that surround my brother, Matthew, the self-imposed comedian. Personally I’m not sure there’s a single serious bone in his body. But I have to give him props for having integrity with his character; regardless of who you are or what situation you meet him in, my brother will always be his same, goofball self with tons of optimism and energy and lame jokes that he can pull out on a whim. It’s one of my favorite things about him though, his uncanny ability to always use that happiness to cheer me up when I’m not having the best day. Which is exactly what happened yesterday.
So apparently, my brother’s new interest this week has been inserting lame puns into a conversation at every given opportunity. Or even when there are no opportunities, in which case he will just interrupt the conversation and say his pun anyway. Well needless to say my mother’s patience with his silly game wore short very quick and he made one pun too many so she took matters into her own hands.
She told him to come upstairs and then promptly locked him in the hall closet. (I never said we followed conventional parenting techniques in my house…) She then refused to open the door until he could make a pun about that situation.
And what did my brother do?
“O pun the door!”
Looks like he won that round, sorry mom 😉
If you’re looking for more awesome puns to make you giggle or just roll your eyes in the overbearing lameness of the joke, then here is Matt and I’s Top 10 Great Puns list (in no particular order) for your personal amusement. Enjoy!
- The first time I got a universal remote I thought: this changes everything!
- Hey do you need an ark to save two of every animal? If so, I Noah guy.
- So today I tried to eat a clock for lunch. It was very time consuming.
- I refused to believe my road worker father was a thief. But when I got home, all the signs were there.
- So I was going to go to the library to get a book on phobias but I was afraid it wouldn’t help me.
- What did Lil Jon do when the hardware store employee tried to sell him a light bulb? He turned down 4 watt.
- Heard the guy who invented the doorknocker got a no-bell prize.
- My wife told me to stop impersonating a flamingo. I had to put my foot down.
- A new type of broom just came out and is sweeping the nation.
- Did you hear about the guy whose whole left side was cut off? He’s all right now.
Have any of your own punny jokes you want to share? Leave them in the comments!
Hope the rest of your weeks are just like whiteboards: remarkable! 😉